Grant Applications Now Open
Applications are invited for business and community groups for the following Grants.
Small Business COVID-19 Adaption Grant Program
UPDATE: With the high number of submissions prior to close off date this Grant has now closed. Submissions closed at 1:00PM 23 May 2020
Announced by the Queensland Government, small businesses can now apply for a grant of up to $10,000 under a new $100 million dollar package. The objective of this program is to support small businesses who were subject to closure or highly impacted by the COVID-19 shutdown restrictions to assist them with adapting and sustaining their operations, and building resilience.
Projects that can be funded include:
- Financial, legal or other professional advice to support business sustainability and diversification
- Strategic planning, financial counselling or business coaching aligned to business development and diversification
- Building the business through marketing and communication activities such as content development (web pages, mobile apps, visual and audio media etc.)
- Digital/technological strategy development
- Digital training or re-training to adapt to new business models
- Capital costs associated with meeting COVID-19 safe requirements
- Specialised digital equipment or business specific software to move business operations online (eg logistics program for online ordering)
- Meeting business costs, including utilities, rent
Information about guidelines, terms and conditions, and FAQs are available on the Queensland Government website.
Sunshine Coast Council COVID-19 Community Response Grants
Funding for just over $300K for a new temporary grant was recently announced by Mayor Mark Jamieson, Sunshine Coast Council, within the Community Grants Program.
The new grants are tailored to support community groups to respond to the impact of COVID-19's unique challenges.
There are four categories designed to provided targeted financial assistance to community organisations impacted by COVID-19.
1. OPERATIONAL AND MAINTENANCE
Funding up to $5,000 - This category offers ongoing operational and maintenance funding to support not-for-profit community organisations experiencing financial hardship.
2. CONTINUITY AND CONNECTIVITY
Funding up to $5,000 - This category offers project funding to support business continuity, maintain service delivery and promote digital connectivity.
3. CAPACITY BUILDING
Funding up to $3,000 - This category offers project funding to build skills, capacity and governance of community organisations.
4. FACILITY IMPROVEMENT
Funding up to $10,000 - This category offers project funding for one-off building or site functional or aesthetic improvements.
Eligible organisations can make two applications in a round, but each application must be in two different categories.
This current grant round will close midnight, 1st June 2020.