Getting Back to Business in a COVIDSafe Workplace
With the focus now on getting Australians back to work, employers and small business owners are required to develop plans and checklists to keep their workers, customers and the community safe as they reopen or increase their activities in the weeks and months ahead to make their workplaces COVID-Safe.
Here's our top 6 tips with links to essential online resources to help you with this next phase of getting back to business.
What do you need to do in your business to be COVID-Safe?
- Encourage employees to download the COVID-Safe APP, which will help identify people who may have been exposed to COVID-19 quickly and effectively.
- Familiarise yourself with the Roadmap for Easing Restrictions, released by the Queensland Government, which outlines what you need to know about the timing of the three stages in the road to recovery in Queensland.
- Utilise the tools, resources and information now available to develop COVID management plans and checklists for your industry, which are now accessible on the Safe Work Australia website.
- Download and develop your own business specific plan using the new planning tool to help business reopen and be COVID-Safe, released in May by the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet's National COVID-19 Coordination Committee (NCCC).
- Download and print off available COVID-Safe signage and display at your place of business.
- And remember to take care of your own mental health and physical wellbeing. Eumundi Chamber thanks the Sunshine Coast Chamber Alliance for connecting us with a 13-minute webinar by sole trader and Beyond Blue ambassador Garry Mills, released by the Australian Small Business and Family Enterprise Ombudsman, discussing his experiences, practical tips and further resources to support other business owners.